Updates on Parks, Facilities, Recreation and Special Events related to COVID-19
Updates on Parks, Facilities, Recreation and Special Events related to COVID-19.
*** Masks are required inside all City of Miamisburg Facilities. This includes the Community Center, Mound Golf Course clubhouse, Pipestone Golf Course Clubhouse by the Ohio Department of Health. You can read more about the current order by clicking HERE. ***
Pop Up Program Updates
We are committed to serving you safely as we reintroduce program opportunities. Staff are taking special steps to ensure the cleanliness of program spaces to help combat the spread of COVID-19.
Notable steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- Staff are screened daily for symptoms, and will wear masks at all times.
- Participants will be required to wear masks while indoors, or when unable to maintain 6 feet in distance while outdoors.
- Physical barriers exist between staff and customers.
- Programs are limited in participation and timing of opportunities are designed to reduce congregating.
- Facilities are opened for program opportunities only, not for drop-in or daily use, with a designated entrance and exit.
- Stringent cleaning and disinfection protocols are adhered to.
Ways you should prepare for your program:
- Before you arrive:
- Assess for any symptoms, if you have any or are concerned, please stay home. Refunds will be given for non-participation.
- Grab your mask! All participants are required to wear masks, when indoors, or when unable to maintain 6 feet in distance from one another.
- Bring your water! At this time, water fountains and other communal amenities are closed.
- When you arrive:
- Wear your mask.
- Get your temperature taken and answer a few questions.
- Follow the instructions of staff or instructors.
- During your program:
- Be aware of your distance to others.
- Follow along with your instructor and all safety guidelines
- Have a great time! Stay safe!
Community Center Updates
Consistent with local, regional and state orders, the Miamisburg Community Center remains closed to the public. Over the next few weeks, several limited program opportunities are being introduced. Check out our pop-up programs page for more information.
Special Events Updates
New event requests are not being permitted until further notice. This includes event organizers seeking to utilize public parks or facilities. If you have questions or concerns about your event or program that utilizes a Miamisburg public park or facility, please email Sheila Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PipeStone and Mound Golf Courses are currently open and following procedures that meet or exceed the order from Jeff Cooper, Health Commissioner for Dayton and Montgomery County. Social distancing must be followed when playing the course. More detailed information on rules and regulations can be found by clicking HERE!
Miamisburg Parks and Recreation Facilities
The following public facilities and amenities are closed until further notice:
Miamisburg Community Center
Community Park Learning Center
Please email staff at PlayMiamisburg@cityofmiamisburg.com with questions or concerns.
Follow us on Facebook as information and program opportunities are announced there!
Follow the Parks and Recreation Facebook page for ways to stay active with at-home fitness and other activities that can be conducted safely from home. Jump around, stay excited and more details to come via Facebook!