The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) awarded the City a grant in support of the nation’s efforts to prevent chronic diseases and related risk factors.
Seven of the City’s parks were designated as “wellness routes” with park signage and markers to provide identifiable walking routes at incremental distances.
The seven parks with newly designated wellness routes are:
- Beachler Park (.75 mile and 1 mile routes)
- Community Park (1 mile and 2 mile routes)
- Library Park (.66 mile and 1 mile routes)
- Mary Francis Park (1.5 mile route)
- Meyer Park (1.5 mile route)
- Mound Park (.5 mile and 1 mile routes)
- Sunflower Park (.5 mile and 1 mile routes)