The City of Miamisburg’s Parks & Recreation Department serves approximately 50,000 residents, with a service area that including surrounding Miami Township. Overseeing and maintaining twenty (20) neighborhood and community parks, a Community Center, Family Aquatic Center, skate park, dog park, numerous community recreation programs and events, and one 9-hole golf course that has been part of the community for over 60 years.
The Sports Manager reports to the Recreation Operations Supervisor and plays an integral role in the fulfillment of Miamisburg Parks and Recreation’s mission and vision. This individual will oversee sports leagues and athletic programming and directly manage our sports and athletics execution team. The Sports Manager is responsible for achieving annual program goals in revenue generation, participation, and quality participant experience. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to Miamisburg Baseball Softball League (MBSL), 5ks, bicycle programs, paddle sports, disc golf, pickleball, and tennis program planning, design, and implementation across youth, teen, adult, and older adult populations. This professional position performs a variety of skilled, supervisory and administrative tasks to plan, develop, implement and evaluate sports programs and events for assigned populations or targeted activity areas.
With a focus on sports leagues, athletic programs & events, outdoor recreation pursuits for all ages and skill levels, the Sports Program Manager is responsible for research of opportunities, collecting and analyzing data, incorporating public input and evaluation, managing program and area budgets and ensuring excellent customer service within the program and event offerings.
Minimum Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Parks and Recreation, Business Management, Project Management, or related field or equivalent education and/or experience; and
- A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible experience in Sports Programming, Athletic League Management, Recreation Programming, Event Management, Parks and Recreation Operations Management or related field, including documented experience in a supervisory and/or leadership role; and
- Able to fulfill the physical demands of the position; and
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification* within six months of appointment; and
- Possess a valid Ohio driver’s license*.
*Must maintain certifications and licensure as a condition of employment.
A combination of education, experience and training may be applied in accordance with the City of Miamisburg policy.
- Knowledge of sports leagues, athletic programs & outdoor recreation and special event planning process, program delivery and evaluation.
- Operational knowledge of current Microsoft Office Suite software and ability to learn and use recreation software.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
The 2021 salary range is $21.63- $27.24/hr DOQ with an excellent benefits package.
Detailed Announcement: Sports Program Manager
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should submit their application, resume and cover letter to Human Resources Director, Leslie Kohli, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on Monday, November 29, 2021 and will continue until position is filled.