Welcome from the Director
The Bicentennial was a hit among the community with an attendance of over 60,000 people for the festivities the week of June 16-23! The Celebration of 200 years brought the whole community together and I want to thank everyone who was apart of the celebration and made it possible!
As we continue to reflect on 2018, here are some highlights:
• The Sycamore Trails Aquatic Center staff received nationally recognized Ellis and Associates Platinum Award for excellence in safety and upholding top aquatic industry standards.
• 1st Miamisburg Curling Competition at Riverfront Park Glice Rink.
• 400+ skaters enjoyed the Glice Rink during the holiday season.
• 40+ bicyclists attempted 200 miles for 200 years improving Miamisburg’s Bike Friendly status.
• 105 Community Events were hosted.
• 656 participated in youth summer camps.
•1000 participated in the Miamisburg Baseball Softball League.
• 94 new programs were offered.
• 1,226 volunteer hours gifted from 150 volunteers.
This year, Year of the Bowtie, will no doubt be just as exciting and fun-filled! Throughout this publication there are all kinds of events and programs for the community to get involved in this year! Help us make 2019 an unforgettable year and join us as our community continues to PLAY, DISCOVER, and GROW.
Miamisburg Parks and Recreation programs, events and facilities are intended to meet the needs of all citizens regardless of age, gender, ability, race, or religion. To register, provide feedback, or volunteer on the various activities available please call (937) 866-8999 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Miamisburg Parks and Recreation